How was your summer? Here’s what we got up to:
- We helped a couple of Russian antifascists get settled in a new country after threats from neo-nazis and their police collaborators forced them to flee as refugees;
- We helped pay the court fines for a German anti-fascist convicted of the heinous crime of throwing an egg;
- We helped with the legal defence of an Oregon anti-fascist that is accused of expressing her community’s collective disapproval of the opening of a shop run by a violent white supremacist gang.
- We assisted with the repairs and fortification of a German community center after it was broken into and trashed by a gang of armed neo-nazis;
- We contributed to the legal defence for residents of an Melbourne housing complex who were faced with a rabid mob of Islamophobic goons threatening their existence;
- We ponied up half of a lawyer’s retainer for a NYC antifascist that was arrested after escorting two belligerent bigots away from a protest against ICE after the racists started throwing fists;
- We chipped in to help pay off the fine a Philly antifa received for allegedly “modifying” a mural to the city’s most notoriously racist police chief;
- We sent material aid to support Portland antifascists arrested and/or injured after facing down armed alt right clowns & their kkkop collaborators not once but two times this summer;
- We aided a Georgia anti-fascist who was attacked by police and arrested on bullshit after trying to speak to them in order to de-escalate a situation where they were pointing assault rifles in people’s faces;
- We helped an antifa in Berkeley who came out to defend his community from a fascist march only to have the cops break his collarbone, arrest him, and doxx him;
- We supported a server who lost her job after Proud Boys fuckjobs crashed a DSA meeting at her bar, then racially and sexually harassed her all night. When Louisville antifa showed up and had an open and frank discussion with the assholes and police subsequently turned up along with the ambulances, the server refused to snitch and her boss fired her (we got a lovely thank you note from her the next week!).
In other news, the Defence Fund really hit the big time when nazi online toilet paper roll Breitbart singled us out as a target for their followers to attack. We’re happy to report that the coverage resulted in an immediate bump in donations – enough to make withstanding the resulting litany of anon abuse, doxx attempts, and death threats that worth it. We were actually happy with the Breitbart thing – it shows that even the neo-nazis recognize the value of what we’re doing if they’re so intent to try to stop us. We’re much happier with them spending their time & effort to come after us than, say, plotting to murder journalists or beating people to death or stabbing women at a reproductive rights demonstration or stabbing refugee children or bombing a safe house for transgender people or murdering a 13-year-old girl – all of which also happened over the summer.
If what we did over the summer and what we do year-round is something that you would be proud to support, then support us! Today is the day to do that.
One thought on “September 2018 – Quarterly Report”
Comments are closed.