How was your fall? Ours was really busy. Here’s what The International Anti-Fascist Defence Fund got up to over the past three months:
- We made sure that a Polish antifascist’s ten-year-old son was okay while his dad serves a prison sentence for a fictitious crime neo-nazis framed him for.
- We paid 50% of the outstanding legal defence bill for anti-racists in Richmond, Virginia who had faced down opposition to their call to remove the Robert E. Lee statue from their town and were rewarded with police brutality and trumped-up charges.
- We helped an anti-fascist injured in the August 12th Charlottesville terrorist attack to pay his rent and put food on his table while he awaits surgery for the injuries he sustained in the attack.
- We got a volunteer YPG fighter out of the war zone and back safely to his home country after two tours of duty fighting Daesh fascists and liberating people in Syria from their reign of teror.
- We made a significant contribution to the legal defence of over 200 #j20 defendants.
- We made sure an antifascist could pay her rent after an injury she sustained when attacked by fascists caused her to lose her job.
Naturally, none of this came cheap. The Defence Fund is now spending an average of $2200USD per month to support anti-fascists and anti-racists the world over, right when showing solidarity with them really means something. This of course means that we need to raise $2200USD every single month just to sustain the level of support we’re currently providing, and that’s assuming that things don’t get any worse than they are now.
Take a look at that list of what we accomplished over the last three months. We kept badly-injured antifascists fed and housed. We helped a YPG fighter get out of a war zone. We took care of an antifa’s family while he’s locked up. And we helped pay for the legal defence of over 200 antifascists in DC and Richmond. If these sound like the kinds of things you wish you could do too, we have good news for you: you can by donating whatever you can afford to The International Anti-Fascist Defence Fund. Whether it’s a one-time contribution or you want to pick up some of our antifa merch or pledging a buck or two a month to defend your fellow antifa would not be a problem for you, your support = what helps us continue to support them.
Hold a fundraiser. Hit up your friends. Pass the hat at a show. Download our flyer and pass it out. If everyone contributes a little bit, we can keep doing what we’ve been doing for the last 2.5 years.